The Barren County Family YMCA encourages members to bring guests and family members to the YMCA. The YMCA is a membership organization. Our priority is to provide excellent service and maximize the security of our facilities; therefore, certain policies exist regarding access to the YMCA by guests. For the safety and security of all and to encourage membership and retain the value of membership, the following are some guidelines for visitors to the Barren County Family YMCA.
• Members must be at least 16 or older to host a guest and must remain in the facility with their guest.
• Members may bring one guest at a time, but the same guest is limited to three free visits in a calendar year.
• All guests 16 and older must present a valid government-issued or school-issued photo ID and have their picture taken and information entered into our database.
• Guests under 16 must have a responsible adult (16 or older) sign the guest waiver, include a phone number for the parent/guardian, and have their picture taken and information entered into our database.
• Guests who have already visited three times a year will be charged a guest fee of $10 per visit per person or $20 for families living in the same household.
• Nationwide Y members may not bring guests.
• Members must be at least 12 or older to be in the facility unsupervised.
All YMCA members and guests are asked to uphold the four core values of the YMCA: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. Below includes a list of a few expectations that align with our values. This is not an exhaustive list and our staff may use reasonable discretion in asking a person who does not honor these rules to leave our facility.
• Socially unacceptable behavior, violence, vandalism, or inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
• Electronic devices are to not be used in locker rooms (cell phones, cameras, etc.)
• Use of or possession of alcohol or illegal drugs, including non-prescribed prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia, will not be tolerated. Vaping, smoking, or tobacco use is not allowed in the facility.
• Shoes and a shirt must be worn at all times, except in the Natatorium and locker rooms.
• Membership cards are non-transferable. Misuse of membership cards may result in termination of membership.
To ensure that members are given priority, staff at the Barren County Family YMCA may limit guest usage, hours of use, and area of usage with or without prior notice. We highly encourage members to contact the YMCA before visiting with a guest to inquire about guest restrictions due to demands on the facility.
When you join the Y, you’re supporting our mission to uplift the community and create a better future FOR ALL. We are committed to helping you find membership options that fit your budget.
Ask us about our income-based rates.